In July 2017, D & B Electrical contractors won the Electrical Installation of a contract to upgrade to Multi Sentry (MST) UPS systems at the University of Bristol working along side Main contractor DC Response
The High Performance Computing (HPC) Centre at the institution is recognised as one of the country's foremost academic hubs and is also home to 'BlueCrystal', an advanced supercomputer capable of an incredible 600 trillion calculations a second.
The huge advantage to this upgrade was that of a financial gain delivering annual efficiency savings of almost £100,000.
What role did D & B have?
- Electrical install of UPS, external bypasses, installation of new 250Amp PDU fuse boards and outputs
- Installation of DC wiring
- Installation of new chillers
- Installation of new power monitoring cabling and software
- Installation of new containment for LV and data cables
- Full EICR of data centre wiring and domestic circuits
- Reconfiguration of existing circuits and move into new crital PDU's
- Installation of ATS (Automatic Transfer Switch) for external chillers
Initially, when the job begun, our role was to assist with the UPS installation but over 13 months, we assisted the site further with other electrical requirements both related and non related to the initial UPS works.